It's February 14th and you get a few emails, one is a Valentine's ecard. Awww!
It could be from a loved one, admirer or sadly even more likely from a scammer, so beware! Don't automatically open it as they're a perfect way to get phished or infected with malware and pose a serious risk of ID theft.
If you get an ecard this Valentine's Day - check out our top tips to stay safe and keep your data and private information from being compromised.
- Check the sender of the email, do you recognize them? Do a quick Google of the sender to check if there are any reports online about them.
- Is there an attachment you didn't ask for? Don't touch it, as this is a common way for malware to get delivered to your machine (beware of .exe files and macro-enabled files!)
- What is the email asking you to do? Does it make sense? Phishes play on your emotions, and around Valentine's, emotions are running high!
- Any links in the email? Be very careful clicking on these, as they often they take you to sites which are owned by scammers.
- Don't log in to these websites; you never know where your credentials will end up. You can check in the URL bar to see if the site is safe- look for a little padlock on the far left.
It’s easy to collect points
Find out how you can earn more points with More Rewards Insurance powered by Aviva.
Aviva Agency Services Inc., S&Y Insurance Company, and Aviva Insurance Company of Canada are subsidiaries of Aviva Canada Inc. The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. The insurance products described herein are subject to terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions, which are outlined in our final policy wording. Please contact us at 1-833-246-9905 to speak to a licensed insurance representative to learn more. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under license by the licensor.
More Rewards Insurance and the More Rewards Insurance logo are copyrights of More Rewards, a division of Save-On-Foods LP, and used with permission. All rights reserved.
†Ten (10) More Rewards Points may be awarded to you for every One Dollar ($1) CAD paid towards your More Rewards Insurance premium as an employee of Jim Pattison Group, however certain limitations or restrictions may apply. More Rewards Points are earned on total premium paid including taxes. Earning of More Rewards Points are subject to provincial regulatory maximums. More Rewards Points have no cash value. For more information on More Rewards Points visit www.morerewards.ca/faqs