Renting your home on a sharing network such as AirBnB or HomeAway can be a rewarding way to earn some extra income. Make sure you’re protected with Home-sharing insurance. Talk to your Insurance Broker to have it added to your home insurance policy.
- loss or damage to buildings and personal property
- intentional acts, criminal acts, or failure to act by a guest
- loss or damage to a guest's property up to $1,500
- loss of rental income (fair rental value) liability arising out of the short-term rental
This may be right for you, if:
- rent out your home (or a portion of your home) on a short-term basis to different individuals, multiple times throughout the year
- manage your rental(s) through a home rental network (eg Airbnb, Flipkey, HomeAway, VRBO) or a professional property management company
- do not manage long-term rentals to individuals or annual lease situations
Insurance brokers, the right choice for you
Get expertise for your insurance needs from coverages, pricing options, claims support and discounts.