51% of Canadians are unaware their insurance doesn’t cover home-sharing*Find a broker
- loss or damage to buildings and personal property
- intentional acts, criminal acts, or failure to act by a guest
- loss or damage to a guest's property up to $1,500
- loss of rental income (fair rental value) liability arising out of the short-term rental
This may be right for you, if:
- rent out your home (or a portion of your home) on a short-term basis to different individuals, multiple times throughout the year
- manage your rental(s) through a home rental network (eg Airbnb, Flipkey, HomeAway, VRBO) or a professional property management company
- do not manage long-term rentals to individuals or annual lease situations
Renting your home on a sharing network such as AirBnB or HomeAway can be a rewarding way to earn some extra income. Make sure you’re protected with Home-sharing insurance. Talk to your Insurance Broker to have it added to your home insurance policy.
Insurance brokers, the right choice for you
Get expertise for your insurance needs from coverages, pricing options, claims support and discounts.