Replacing items like bikes, beds and computers can really add up, especially if you need to replace everything you own all at once. With More Rewards tenant insurance from Aviva, you can get the coverage you need for the things that matter most.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What would you do if everything you own was stolen or lost in a fire? Could you afford to replace it all?
- If you needed a place to stay after an insured loss or were evacuated in an emergency for several days, could you afford to live somewhere else?
- What would happen if you were sued or held legally liable for a loss? Could you afford to pay the legal fees and damages?
If your answer to any of these questions is ‘no’, tenant insurance is a cost-effective and reasonable solution that can help protect you and your possessions.
Tenant insurance 101
Tenant insurance is virtually the same as home insurance, except it doesn’t cover the physical dwelling or any outbuildings. Here’s what’s included with a standard More Rewards tenant insurance policy from Aviva:
- Belongings – you get replacement cost coverage for everything you own, wear or use while at home. This includes your books, clothing, appliances, electronics and more, and even extends to property that’s temporarily away from your home while you’re travelling.
- Liability – if someone is injured at your home, or if you unintentionally injure someone else or damage their property, you’ll be covered in the event of a lawsuit.
- Additional living expenses – if you have to leave your home temporarily due to a claim, your hotel costs and increased travel expenses will be covered.
Additional protection is also available to help you better customize coverage to suit your specific needs, such as:
- Water protection – you can get additional protection with sewer backup and overland water coverage
- ID theft – up to $40,000 reimbursement of the costs associated with restoring your identify after it’s been stolen, guidance and support from a 24 hour hotline, access to legal assistance, and support from a dedicated case worker.
- Earthquake insurance – our earthquake add-on options can help you further protect your home and belongings (available in British Columbia only).
- Home-based business – running a home business is a dream of many Canadians. You can get peace of mind knowing that your inventory, computers, files and more will all be covered.
- Claim protector – you can keep your claims-free discount after your first claim.
Ways to save on tenant insurance
Numerous discounts are available to help you save on tenant insurance, including up to 20% for being claims free.
Did you know?
Children who live away from home for college or university are protected by their parents’ home insurance policy for their belongings and liability coverage. Please note that coverage for students’ belongings is limited to $10,000 and if the student signs a lease, they may be required to obtain their own tenant’s insurance.
Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under license by the licensor. The content in this article is for information only and has been verified as accurate by Aviva Canada at the date of publication.
It’s easy to collect points
Find out how you can earn more points with More Rewards Insurance powered by Aviva.
Aviva Agency Services Inc., S&Y Insurance Company, and Aviva Insurance Company of Canada are subsidiaries of Aviva Canada Inc. The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. The insurance products described herein are subject to terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions, which are outlined in our final policy wording. Please contact us at 1-833-246-9905 to speak to a licensed insurance representative to learn more. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under license by the licensor.
More Rewards Insurance and the More Rewards Insurance logo are copyrights of More Rewards, a division of Save-On-Foods LP, and used with permission. All rights reserved.
†Ten (10) More Rewards Points may be awarded to you for every One Dollar ($1) CAD paid towards your More Rewards Insurance premium as an employee of Jim Pattison Group, however certain limitations or restrictions may apply. More Rewards Points are earned on total premium paid including taxes. Earning of More Rewards Points are subject to provincial regulatory maximums. More Rewards Points have no cash value. For more information on More Rewards Points visit www.morerewards.ca/faqs