Towing and storage fraud during a covered claim
Helping your customers avoid towing and storage fraud when they have a claim
This season, Aviva Lifestyle’s dedicated claims team is focusing on identifying scenarios where fraud maybe involved, and taking serious action to prevent it.
Fraud impacts your customers’ insurance premium and can lead to a stressful claims experience. We’re being proactive in trying to identify fraud by working closely within the claims team to better understand their current process with the goal of creating an improved process for Lifestyle claims.
In the meantime, here’s what you can do to help your customers avoid towing and storage fraud when they have a claim:
- Report a new loss to us as early as possible by calling our toll-free number 1-888-384-4545, or report it online at aviva.com/claims.
- Provide the details of the loss including the location and damage status.
What happens next
- Our dedicated claims experts will contact your customer within four business hours of receiving the notice of loss.
- The sooner we know that the claim is a total loss, or there is a towable loss requirement, the quicker we can take action. We have the authority to make decisions to ensure that your customers get the care and attention they deserve.
- We improve your customers’ claims experience, lessen the number of touchpoints required and decrease claims-related expenses.
- Our team works with a number of dedicated vendor providers, giving us the flexibility to move vehicles, boats and motorhomes so that we can secure your customers’ unit free of storage charges (conditions may apply).
- If a loss is reported to us as early as possible, we can help your customer avoid unnecessary costs that would not have been covered under their policy.
You can learn more about our Lifestyle products on the Lifestyle Resource Centre.
The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice.