Accidents involving your boat, trailer and towing vehicle
You know that if your boat is damaged on the water or in storage, you must report the damage to your insurer, Aviva. But what if your boat, towing vehicle or trailer is damaged as a result of a collision while transporting it on or off the road? Do you know who to report the claim to?
Towing vehicle and boat are insured with the same insurer, Aviva
If the towing vehicle and boat are insured with Aviva, the process is simple:
- A single call to Aviva's Claims Service (1-866-692-8482) is all you need to do. Their claims advisors will do everything in their power to ensure that things are resolved as quickly as possible.
- You will only have to pay one deductible.
- You will be compensated for the damage to your towing vehicle and boat according to the type of policy you’ve purchased.
As for the trailer….
If you’re not responsible for the accident:
- You will be compensated under the Third Party Liability coverage of your car insurance policy.
If you’re responsible for the accident:
- You will be compensated under your NautiMax boat insurance policy, for the amount stipulated in the policy's special conditions.
Towing vehicle and boat are not insured with the same insurer
If the towing vehicle and boat are not insured with the same insurer, it will require more work for you.
- You will have to call each insurer to report the claim and explain the reasons for the accident.
- You will have to pay two deductibles.
As you can see, there are advantages to insuring your boat and towing vehicle with Aviva: a single deductible, a single phone call. This saves you time and money.
The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks of Aviva plc. and are used under licence by Aviva Canada Inc. and its subsidiary companies.