Home-Sharing Insurance

51% of Canadians are unaware their insurance doesn’t cover home-sharing

Renting your home on a sharing network such as AirBnB or HomeAway can be a rewarding way to earn some extra income. Make sure you’re protected with Home-sharing insurance.


Talk to your insurance broker to have it added to your home insurance policy.


What’s covered?

  • loss or damage to buildings and personal property
  • intentional acts, criminal acts, or failure to act by a guest 
  • loss or damage to a guest's property up to $1,500
  • loss of rental income (fair rental value) liability arising out of the short-term rental


This may be right for you, if:

  • rent out your home (or a portion of your home) on a short-term basis to different individuals, multiple times  throughout the year
  • manage your rental(s) through a home rental network (eg Airbnb, Flipkey, HomeAway, VRBO) or a professional property management company
  • do not manage long-term rentals to individuals or annual lease situations