Product spotlight: RVLife - Trailers
Once again, RVing is one of the most viable vacation options for Canadians.
In 2020, online RV rentals and outdoor travel marketplace saw RV bookings increase by more than 4,500 per cent, largely due to pandemic-related travel restrictions.
This year, experts say RVs are so popular, the demand for new, used and rental units is even outpacing supply.
As Canadians find it safer and easier to vacation closer to home again this year, roundtrips are expected to remain a fun way to spend time with family in a COVID-safe way, avoiding crowds and high-risk activities.
Are you making the most of this growing customer segment? Aviva offers coverage designed specifically for this lifestyle.
As the country's largest insurer of recreational vehicles, we’ve been protecting Canadian fun for more than 60 years. Our trailer insurance policy includes coverage not found in regular home or auto insurance policies, including basic emergency roadside assistance, optional guaranteed replacement cost or replacement cost plus coverage and optional Rental Network endorsement.
RVLife - Trailers
We offer coverage for the following towed trailers:
- Truck camper
- Tent trailer
- Travel trailer
- Toy hauler with living quarters
- Fifth wheel
- Horse/stock trailer with living quarters (max. 4 animals)
We offer coverage for the following stationary trailers:
- Park model
- Permanently parked trailer
Just some of what’s included in every policy:
- Contents the trailer usually contains
- Emergency vacation expense
- Debris removal
- Extended warranty on appliances
- Lock replacement
- Pet injury
- Frozen food protection
Upgrade to Elite Emergency Roadside Services
Springtime means mud – and a higher risk of getting stuck in it. ERS Elite is available as an endorsement with all towed trailer policies. It’s less expensive than other auto club memberships* and has more benefits, including:
- Towing up to 250km limit and winching services provided by qualified operators – on any vehicle, large or small loads with 1 time “super-tow” up to 500km towing distance limits (anywhere in Canada or the U.S.)
- Battery boost, lock-out service, fuel delivery (up to 15 litres of gas included), flat tire and mobile tire repair service.
- 3 trip planning calls per policy term
- Unlimited calls on worldwide travel and emergency medical advice, trip interruption, concierge service and pet assistance
- Home/auto and trailer bundle
- Clean driving record (no history of convictions or claims)
Looking for fun RV-related content to share with your customers on social media—and beyond? Feel free to use these articles:
The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. For specific information about a product, or exact terms, conditions, coverage definitions, exclusions and limitations, please refer to the customer’s insurance policy wording or the latest underwriting manual on avivapartner.ca Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under licence by the licensor.
*Compared to CAA Plus or Premier autoclub membership.