Product spotlight: DriveLife - Collector Cars
It’s been a while since collector car enthusiasts have been able to properly gather to admire each other’s wheels. Although 2021 may not have a full roster of collector car events, there are some that are tentatively scheduled promising the same fun from previous years.
Among the Aviva Lifestyle products we offer, DriveLife (collector car) is a leading category with one of the most passionate customer bases. Collector cars are more than just vehicles to their owners – they’re a prized possession with more than just monetary value.
When offering the benefits of comprehensive coverage, it’s helpful to point out that our dedicated claims experts are enthusiasts too. They know the policy coverages and settlement options and they have the authority to make decisions to ensure that your customers get the care and attention they deserve.
We offer standalone policies with market-leading coverages, with optional coverages designed to reflect the ownership and use of the vehicle, such as Value Added and Cherished Salvage® endorsements.
Aviva’s DriveLife collector car insurance program covers:
- Antique cars and tractors
- Classic cars
- Exotic cars
- Special interest/modern classic vehicles
- Custom cars
- Military vehicles
- Retired commercial vehicles
- Collectible raced vehicles
Hagerty® Guaranteed Value PlusTM coverage (available in all provinces except British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan)
Hassle-free coverage that pays the value agreed on at policy inception, with no depreciation. Coverage includes:
- Standard auto policy
- Automatic new ride vehicle coverage endorsement
- Spare parts (up to $750) and car covers (up to $250)
- Leisure use such as parades, classic car events and occasional pleasure drives, any time across Canada and the U.S.
Additional benefits may be available depending on province, including Spare Parts coverage and $0 deductible.
Hagerty® collector car program (Manitoba and Saskatchewan only) Enthusiasts Essentials endorsement/Agreed Value coverage
Provides the same coverages included with the Hagerty® Guaranteed Value Plus TM endorsement, but under an excess auto policy instead of a standard auto policy.
- Vehicle under construction endorsement: loss or damage to the vehicle while it’s being restored or built new, including automatic quarterly value increases.
- Cherished Salvage® endorsement (not available in Manitoba): retain salvage rights to the vehicle in the event of a total loss and receive full payment.
- Value added endorsement: a suite of enhanced coverages for high-valued vehicles and collections, including increased automatic coverage for new collector vehicles, market value protection, increased spare parts coverage and more, all provided at no extra cost.
- Evacuation expenses endorsement: covers half of the cost to move the vehicle out of harm’s way due to a declared emergency, like floods or wildfires.
- Claims free
- Multiple vehicles
- High-value collections
- Anti-theft discounts
To quote, bind and request changes and endorsements for DriveLife, and for more information and product details, please contact our trusted partner Hagerty® (all provinces excluding Quebec) at hagertybroker.ca or by email at email@example.com.
DriveLife is underwritten by Elite Insurance Company. The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks of Aviva plc. and are used under licence by Aviva Canada Inc. and its subsidiary companies.
Hagerty Canada, LLC policies are underwritten by Elite Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Aviva Canada Inc. Some coverages are not available in all provinces. This is a general description of coverage. All coverage is subject to policy provisions, exclusions, and endorsements. Hagerty determines final risk acceptance. Hagerty is a registered trademark of the Hagerty Group LLC, ©2020 The Hagerty Group, LLC. All rights reserved.