Product spotlight: RV
Looking to grow your customer base? The RV segment is larger than you might think
If you have RV customers, you know RVing is a way of life.
Whether they take it on a trip every summer or park it in their favourite trailer park for a season, RVers are serious about hitting the road.
While you might think RVers make up a small portion of the population, a 2018 study from The Portage Group says otherwise: approximately 2.1 million (that’s 15 per cent!) of Canadian households own an RV.
In 2017, the same study noted that those RV owners took an estimated 8.2 million RV trips in Canada and when you add in all the trips taken by renters, that number balloons to 8.8 million RV trips.
Are you making the most of this growing customer segment? Aviva offers coverage designed for the RVing lifestyle.
As the country's largest insurer of recreational vehicles, we’ve been protecting Canadian fun for more than 60 years. Our trailer insurance policy includes coverage not found in regular home or auto insurance policies, including roadside assistance, guaranteed replacement cost coverage and optional RV-sharing insurance.
We offer coverage for the following towed trailers:
- Truck camper
- Tent trailer
- Travel trailer
- Toy hauler with living quarters
- Fifth wheel
- Horse/stock trailer with living quarters (max. 4 animals)
We offer coverage for the following stationary trailers:
- Park model
- Permanently parked trailer
Just some of what’s included in every policy:
- Contents the trailer usually contains
- Debris removal
- Extended warranty on appliances
- Lock replacement
- Pet injury
- Frozen food protection
Upgrade to Elite Emergency Roadside Services
Springtime means mud – and a higher risk of getting stuck in it. ERS Elite is available as an endorsement with all towed trailer policies. It’s less expensive than other auto club memberships* and has more benefits, including:
- Towing up to 250km limit and winching services provided by qualified operators – on any vehicle, large or small loads with 1 time “super-tow” up to 500km towing distance limits (anywhere in Canada or the U.S.)
- Battery boost, lock-out service, fuel delivery (up to 15 litres of gas included), flat tire and mobile tire repair service.
- 3 trip planning calls per policy term – a service for your customers to plan routes, pick accommodations, or suggested sights of interest
- Unlimited calls on worldwide travel and emergency medical advice, trip interruption, concierge service and pet assistance
- Bundling home/auto and trailer
- Maintaining a clean driving experience (no convictions and staying claims-free)
Looking for fun RV-related content to share with your customers on social media—and beyond? Feel free to use these articles:
Digital road trip: RVing in Alberta
The content in this article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as professional or expert advice. For specific information about a product, or exact terms, conditions, coverage definitions, exclusions and limitations, please refer to the customer’s insurance policy wording or the latest underwriting manual on avivapartner.ca.
*Compared to CAA Plus or Premier autoclub membership.