November 29, 2021 (TORONTO, ON) – Aviva Canada customers are filing and resolving their auto claims faster with the innovative enhancements Aviva Canada has made to its claims journey. Improvements made include:
- Integration with all collision reporting centres (CRC) in Ontario and Alberta, allowing customers to report their collisions to Aviva and automatically create a claim, right from their CRC location
- Offering automated digital SMS notifications for claim progress updates
- Using predictive analytics and AI to enable adjusters to make the critical repairable vs total loss decision immediately on the first notice of loss (FNOL) call with customers
Most recently, Aviva Canada took the total loss claims experience to a new level with a real-time integration from its claims system to AutoTrader.ca for immediate total loss vehicle valuation. This means adjusters are able to recommend settlement amounts to customers within minutes, using comparable listings available. This initiative won the Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards (ICTA) 2021 People’s Choice Award.
Bryant Vernon, Chief Claims Officer at Aviva Canada, said:
“We believe that it should be possible to resolve straight-forward auto claims, especially total losses, within 24 hours, and at Aviva, we’re working towards that goal every day. That’s why we’ve invested in technology and partnerships, like our recent integration with AutoTrader.ca, to make resolving claims simpler for customers, brokers and adjusters. With AutoTrader.ca integrated into our adjusters’ workflow, we’ve seen customer satisfaction increase by 17% and cycle times reduce by half on average.”
How it works:
- The tool makes a real-time API call to AutoTrader.ca with vehicle and location details, right from the adjuster’s ClaimsCenter interface.
- Assuming that there are enough comparable listings available, it then returns a recommended settlement value to the adjuster.
- It also provides direct links to the comparable AutoTrader.ca sale listings. The adjuster can then provide these to the customer to help build their confidence in the valuation.
- With the AutoTrader.ca integration in place, adjusters can discuss the settlement within minutes and customers can feel confident the settlement is fair. Before, the determination of a vehicle’s residual value by an appraiser could take up to 20 minutes, meaning the customer would have to receive a follow-up call with their settlement offer.
- Read the ICTA Award Submission to learn more.
- Many claims have had cycle times reduced by half (8 days compared to 16 days), resulting in quicker resolution for customers and savings on storage and rental costs
- Valuation is completed in under 6 seconds vs. the approximately 20 minutes seen with manual valuations
- Significant increase in settlement resolutions on the first call, meaning fewer follow-up calls to customers to complete the claim
- +17% increase to customer net promoter scores (relative to baseline total loss claims) in the first six months of 2021
- Strong customer feedback highlighting the simplicity and speed of the process
Jill Hadfield, Chief Product Officer of AutoTrader.ca, said:
“As Canada’s largest and most trusted car marketplace, AutoTrader.ca empowers Canadians to get the best results whether they are buying or selling. Through our time working with Aviva Canada, we learned that customers often don’t fully trust settlement offers, perhaps wondering how these offers are arrived at. After a total loss, it can be stressful to decide which next car to buy and to determine if the valuation by the insurance company is accurate. We’re delighted that we ‘ve been able to leverage having the most cars for sale and the largest consumer audience, to offer powerful data-driven solutions which provide Aviva Canada’s customers with peace of mind.”
About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country, providing home, automobile, lifestyle and business insurance to 2.4 million customers. A subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, Aviva Canada has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. Launched in 2019, Aviva Canada is investing in safer communities through Aviva Take Back Our Roads, which uses data driven solutions and strategic collaborations to make safer roads a reality for all. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a net zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world.
TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, managing automotive consumer marketplaces. The company's primary online destinations include: AutoTrader.ca™ and AutoHebdo.net™. AutoTrader.ca offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million average monthly visits to the marketplace and more than 6 million mobile app downloads. Visitors buy or sell cars, trucks or other motorized vehicles quickly, easily and conveniently. Buyers can search based on vehicle model, make, colour and geographic location to find the deal that is right for them. AutoTrader.ca is also an online destination for auto enthusiasts, featuring news and reviews from award-winning automotive journalists.