Open your doors to complete protection

Find a broker

Rated A+ by Standard and Poor’s and A by A.M. Best

No matter what kind of retail business you’re in – from clothing to electronics, bakeries to building materials – you need the right insurance protection. Aviva offers customized coverage for retailers just like you, so your assets will be protected and you can focus on your business. Retail insurance is available exclusively through insurance brokers.

Which product option is right for my business?

Small business owner or entrepreneur?

Aviva Onpoint™ insurance is right for your business if you have one location with up to 3 types of business operations and up to $5 million in Canadian revenue per year.

Small to medium sized enterprise?

Aviva Enterprise™ insurance is right for your business if you have multiple locations and types of business operations with up to $100 million in Canadian revenue per year.

Choose the right coverage

If you’re in the retail business we’ve got the experience to provide you with the right insurance coverage such as:

Optional coverage

Customize your retail policy with these optional enhancements:

Coverage for complex risks

Some retailers have more complex risks than others, for example, you may own stores or property located in the U.S. 

Insurance solutions you need

With Aviva Business retail insurance, you'll get:

Retail insurance experts

Experts who understand the needs of a wide range of businesses within the retail segment.

One comprehensive policy

In addition to what’s offered in our standard policies, this specialized package includes unique protection.

Access to our wide network of claims professionals

In the event of a claim, we’ll help you get back on track by resolving it efficiently and hassle-free.

Frequently asked questions

We answer your questions on business insurance

Why do I need commercial property insurance for my business?

To keep your business operating you rely on having its physical assets protected, such as the building, equipment, inventory and stock, tools, contractor’s equipment, business income and rental income. A commercial property insurance policy protects your assets from damage or destruction.

What is Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance? Why do I need it for my business?

CGL insurance is designed to protect your business from being found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your product, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers, or at your customer’s location.  Standard coverage includes - Bodily injury and property damage liability, Personal injury liability, Medical payments and Tenant’s legal liability.  Every day your business is exposed to different liability hazards associated with the work you do.  No one thinks a claim or a lawsuit will be filed on their business until it happens. Having the right CGL policy for your business is one of the smartest decisions you can make to protect it.

What could happen if I don’t have the right coverage in place for my business?

Your business could be responsible for paying for claims or lawsuits on your own. These expenses could be in the form of damages to third parties, legal defense costs, replacement of uninsured property, among many others.  Depending on the nature of the loss, this could result in an unexpected expense for the business. Or in more severe cases, it could have a significant impact on the ability for your business to remain open.

Insurance brokers, the right choice for you

Get expert advice for your business insurance needs.