Realty Insurance

The right address for your insurance

Find a broker

Rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s and Fitch Ratings

As a building owner or property manager, you have a lot to take care of. Feel confident knowing your assets are protected with Aviva Enterprise realty insurance. Available exclusively through insurance brokers.

Choose the right coverage

If you’re in the realty business we’ve got the experience to provide you with the right insurance coverage such as:


  • Property

    Coverage for your buildings, exterior glass and signs, towers, renewable energy equipment, sewers and utilities above and below ground on your premises*, and more.

    • your business contents (including while away from your premises), electronic equipment (including laptops) on and off premises
    • landscaping and growing plants, trees, shrubs, lawns and flowers
    • master key
    • accounts receivable
    • building improvements and betterments
    • additional limits for bylaw coverage
    • building upgrade and environmental upgrade – build back better
    • exterior paving
    • firefighting expenses
    • damage by animals or insects
    • and more


    Coverage to protect you in case of lawsuits for bodily or mental injury and property damage, personal and advertising injury liability, tenant’s property damage liability and voluntary medical payments.

    Other features**:

    • employers' liability
    • liability for non-owned automobiles
    • employee benefits liability
    • and more

    Equipment breakdown

    Protection for accidents to compressors, heating systems, electrical panels, mechanical or electrical machines or apparatus including production machinery. 

    Coverage includes:

    • ammonia contamination
    • errors and omissions
    • fluid escape
    • hazardous substances
    • loss of income± including fines and penalties, internet service utility service interruptions and restricted access


    A broad range of coverages, including:

    • employee dishonesty
    • money, securities and other property
    • counterfeit currency and money orders
    • forgery, alteration, credit card and automated teller card
    • electronic fraud and funds-transfer fraud
    • incoming cheque forgery
    • coverage for damage to client or customer property 

    Coverage enhancements

    Realty extension

    • emergency evacuation expense
    • emergency removal of property of others
    • increased property management fees
    • tenant’s relocation expense and more

    Condominium or strata corporations

    • additional living expenses
    • betterments and improvements
    • common expenses
    • condominium unit owner property and trustees fees

    Add even more protection

    • non-profit organization’s D&O (condominium/stratas)
    • cyber insurance** helps you prevent and respond to cyber security threats
    • commercial auto***
    • umbrella coverage provides an extra layer of liability coverage in the event of a catastrophic loss

*premises means within your property lines, areas under adjoining sidewalks and driveways, and in or on vehicles within 100 m
**availability limited to certain operations
***commercial auto is offered on a separate policy
± optional coverage

Insurance solutions you need

With Aviva Enterprise Realty insurance,  you'll get these advantages:

Realty insurance experts

Experts who understand the unique needs of property owners.

One comprehensive policy

In addition to our broad base coverage, your policy can be customized with coverages and higher limits recommended for property owners.

Access to our wide network of claims professionals

In the event of a claim, we’ll help you get back on track by resolving it efficiently and hassle-free.

Frequently asked questions

We answer your questions on business insurance

  • Why do I need commercial property insurance for my business?

    To keep your business operating you rely on having its physical assets protected, such as the building, equipment, inventory and stock, tools, contractor’s equipment and rental income. A commercial property insurance policy protects your assets from damage or destruction.

    What is Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance? Why do I need it for my business?

    CGL insurance is designed to protect your business from being found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your product, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers, or at your customer’s location.  Standard coverage includes - Bodily injury and property damage liability, Personal injury liability, Medical payments and Tenant’s legal liability.  Every day your business is exposed to different liability hazards associated with the work you do.  No one thinks a claim or a lawsuit will be filed on their business until it happens. Having the right CGL policy for your business is one of the smartest decisions you can make to protect it.

    What could happen if I don’t have the right coverage in place for my business?

    Your business could be responsible for paying for claims or lawsuits on your own. These expenses could be in the form of damages to third parties, legal defense costs, replacement of uninsured property, among many others.  Depending on the nature of the loss, this could result in an unexpected expense for the business. Or in more severe cases, it could have a significant impact on the ability for your business to remain open.

Insurance brokers, the right choice for you

Get expert advice for your business insurance needs.