Business and Professional Services Insurance

Insurance that lets you focus on your clients

Find a broker

Rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s and Fitch Ratings

Created for business service providers like consultants, graphic designers, hair salons or veterinarians. You can get specialized coverage specific to your operation. Business and professional services insurance is available exclusively through insurance brokers. 

Choose the right coverage

Enjoy standard features and customize your policy to your specific needs

  • Property

  • Liability

  • Equipment breakdown

  • Crime

  • Add even more protection


*your premises includes the area within your property lines, areas under adjoining sidewalks and driveways, and in or on vehicles within 100 m.

**availability limited to certain operations

***offered on a separate policy

± optional coverage

Insurance solutions you need

With Aviva Business and Professional Services insurance, you'll get:

Business and professional services insurance experts

Access to experts who understand the needs and risks of a wide range of businesses within the professional services sector.

One comprehensive policy

In addition to what’s offered in our standard policies, this specialized package includes unique protection for business and professional services organizations. We can customize an insurance policy to meet your business needs.

Access to our wide network of claims professionals

In the event of a claim, we’ll help you get back on track by resolving it efficiently and hassle-free.

Frequently asked questions

We answer your questions on business insurance

  • Why do I need commercial property insurance for my business?

    To keep your business operating you rely on having its physical assets protected, such as the building, equipment, inventory and stock, tools, contractor’s equipment and rental income. A commercial property insurance policy protects your assets from damage or destruction.

    What is Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance? Why do I need it for my business?

    CGL insurance is designed to protect your business from being found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your product, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers, or at your customer’s location.  Standard coverage includes - Bodily injury and property damage liability, Personal injury liability, Medical payments and Tenant’s legal liability.  Every day your business is exposed to different liability hazards associated with the work you do.  No one thinks a claim or a lawsuit will be filed on their business until it happens. Having the right CGL policy for your business is one of the smartest decisions you can make to protect it.

    What could happen if I don’t have the right coverage in place for my business?

    Your business could be responsible for paying for claims or lawsuits on your own. These expenses could be in the form of damages to third parties, legal defense costs, replacement of uninsured property, among many others.  Depending on the nature of the loss, this could result in an unexpected expense for the business. Or in more severe cases, it could have a significant impact on the ability for your business to remain open.

Insurance brokers, the right choice for you

Get expert advice for your business insurance needs.