Education and Daycare Insurance

Coverage that lets you focus on your business

Find a broker

Rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s and Fitch Ratings

Whether you operate a school or a daycare – you have a lot to think about in addition to insurance. Know your assets are properly protected with the right insurance coverage, available exclusively through insurance brokers. 

Choose the right coverage

Enjoy standard features and customize your policy to your specific needs

  • Property

    Coverage for your buildings, exterior glass and signs, towers, renewable energy equipment, sewers and utilities above and below ground on your premises*, and more.

    • contents coverage includes electronic equipment (including laptops) on and off premises and more
    • accounts receivable
    • landscaping including lawns, trees, shrubs or flowers
    • environmental upgrade – build back better
    • business contents away from premises (eg at trade fairs, exhibitions, educational fairs)
    • fine arts
    • valuable papers
    • and more


    A broad range of coverages, including:

    • employee dishonesty
    • money, securities and other property
    • counterfeit currency and money orders
    • forgery, alteration, credit card and automated teller card
    • electronic fraud and funds-transfer fraud
    • incoming cheque forgery
    • client or customer property 


    Coverage to protect you in case of lawsuits for bodily or mental injury and property damage, personal and advertising injury liability, tenant’s property damage liability and voluntary medical payments.

    Other features:

    • employers’ liability included
    • liability for non-owned autos
    • ask your broker if you are eligible for abuse extension

    Equipment breakdown

    Protection for accidents to compressors, heating systems, electrical panels, mechanical or electrical machines or apparatus including production machinery. 

    Coverage** includes:

    • ammonia contamination
    • brands and labels
    • errors and omissions
    • fluid escape
    • hazardous substances
    • research and development costs
    • utility service interruption
    • computer equipment, data and media
    • loss of income± including fines and penalties, internet service and utility service interruptions and restricted access

    Add even more protection

    • cyber insurance** helps you prevent and respond to cyber security threats
    • commercial auto***
    • umbrella coverage provides an extra layer of liability coverage in the event of a catastrophic loss

*within your property lines, areas under adjoining sidewalks and driveways, and in or on vehicles within 100 m

**availability limited to certain operations

***commercial auto is offered on a separate policy

± optional coverage

Insurance solutions you need

With Aviva Enterprise education and daycare insurance,  you'll get these advantages:

Education and daycare insurance experts

Experts who understand the unique needs and risks of a wide range of businesses within the education and daycare sectors.

One comprehensive policy

In addition to what’s offered in our standard policies, this specialized package includes unique protection.

Access to our wide network of claims professionals

In the event of a claim, we’ll help you get back on track by resolving it efficiently and hassle-free.

Frequently asked questions

We answer your questions on business insurance

  • Why do I need commercial property insurance for my business?

    To keep your business operating you rely on having its physical assets protected, such as the building, equipment, inventory and stock, tools, contractor’s equipment and rental income. A commercial property insurance policy protects your assets from damage or destruction.

    What is Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance? Why do I need it for my business?

    CGL insurance is designed to protect your business from being found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your product, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers, or at your customer’s location.  Standard coverage includes - Bodily injury and property damage liability, Personal injury liability, Medical payments and Tenant’s legal liability.  Every day your business is exposed to different liability hazards associated with the work you do.  No one thinks a claim or a lawsuit will be filed on their business until it happens. Having the right CGL policy for your business is one of the smartest decisions you can make to protect it.

    What could happen if I don’t have the right coverage in place for my business?

    Your business could be responsible for paying for claims or lawsuits on your own. These expenses could be in the form of damages to third parties, legal defense costs, replacement of uninsured property, among many others.  Depending on the nature of the loss, this could result in an unexpected expense for the business. Or in more severe cases, it could have a significant impact on the ability for your business to remain open.

Insurance brokers, the right choice for you

Get expert advice for your business insurance needs.