Small business insurance that hits the mark for your clients
Rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s and A by A.M. Best
Today, there are over 1.1 million small businesses across Canada that make up 98% of the Canadian economy.1
Aviva Onpoint insurance is a product created for small businesses that offers relevant protection and coverage amounts suited to their needs. Your clients will also benefit from only needing one P&C policy.
Who’s Aviva Onpoint insurance for?
If your client has revenue of up to $5 million in Canadian sales and operation(s), your client may qualify for Aviva Onpoint insurance*. We offer the product to: Business & Professionals, Contractors and Retailers. We’ll be expanding our appetite in the future to include offerings for additional markets.
If your client doesn’t qualify for Aviva Onpoint™ insurance, connect with your Aviva Commercial Underwriter who will be happy to explore alternatives such as our Aviva Enterprise policy.
Business & Professional Services
Business consultants, graphic designers, lawyers, real estate agents and more
Electricians, landscapers, painters, renovation contractors and more
Bicycle shops, drug stores, flower shops, hardware stores and more
Broad base protection
Aviva Onpoint insurance offers broad coverage for your client’s business from losses and damage that result from unexpected events.
All policies include
Coverage includes building(s), stock and equipment located on your client’s premises as well as utility services, signs, and exterior building glass.
Additional extensions of coverage include:
- building upgrades
- environmental upgrades
- landscaping and growing plants
- shrubs or flowers in the open
- business contents away from premises and while at employee residences
- valuable papers
- accounts receivable
Note: This coverage is not mandatory for contractors
All businesses should protect themselves from the unexpected, including:
- bodily or mental injury
- property damage liability
- personal and advertising injury liability
- tenants’ property damage liability
- voluntary medical payments
- non-owned auto
- legal liability for damage to rented autos
Additional coverages to consider**
Important systems such as computers, photocopiers, production machinery, heating and air conditioning, point-of-sale (POS) systems and refrigeration equipment are protected in case of:
- electrical arcing
- mechanical breakdown
- pressure explosions
- centrifugal force
The product provides a broad range of crime coverages, including:
- money, securities and other property
- counterfeit currency and money orders
- forgery, alteration, credit cards and automated teller cards
- electronic fraud and funds-transfer fraud
- incoming cheque forgery
Coverage for contractor’s equipment and tools that are offsite.
* The Aviva Onpoint™ policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Company of Canada. The information on this website is provided to you for information purposes only. Terms and conditions apply, for exact terms, definitions, limitations and extensions, please speak with your insurance broker for more information. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under license by the licensor.
**Additional coverages are available for certain operations. Speak to your broker for more information.
Your clients will enjoy three leading benefits, giving them the coverage they need for their small business.
Broad base protection
Clients will enjoy a broad range of coverages created to support their success.
Enhanced coverage options
Access to additional coverages such as equipment breakdown, crime and more.
Tailored to suit their needs
Industry-specific protection that fits your client’s type of business.
All-in-one, easy-to-understand policy
Focus on small business
Looking for resources related to topics of interest impacting small business owners? Our product, risk management and claims experts have come together to offer their insights and knowledge on current trends, risks and prevention solutions that are easy to share with your clients, prospects and team.