Spotlight on Wholesaling
Ensuring your client’s business delivers the goods
Rated A+ by Standard and Poor’s and A by A.M. Best
With globalization, offshore sourcing and the number of big-box stores on the rise, Canadian wholesalers are in the midst of an increasingly dynamic industry. As intermediaries moving products between producer and consumer/retailers, wholesalers are not only one of the country’s core economic contributors, they are also key to propelling the global economy forward.
Many wholesalers purchase offshore and/or locally in order to keep up with demands and keeping the supply chain moving can pose many risks. There’s no better time to consider flexible insurance coverage to help protect your client’s business.
Aviva Enterprise™ Wholesalers insurance offers your client protection for the storage and distribution of various goods, as well as the logistical steps along the way. Whether your client wholesales personal and household products, food and beverage items, or even mechanical components, the Aviva Enterprise™ policy is customizable to meet your client’s unique risk exposures.
Coverage* for buildings (including upgrades), exterior glass and signs, towers, renewable energy equipment, sewers and utilities above and below ground on the premises** and more.
- business contents (including while away from premises) such as stock, equipment, electronic equipment including laptops on and off premises
- customer's goods
- brands and labels
- stock contamination
- stock spoilage
- privacy breach expenses
- warehouseman’s legal liability coverage, to cover the property of others held by the client
- transportation, including reefer breakdown
- contractors' equipment
- coverage for loss or damage to your stock while being worked upon or serviced
Protection for your client’s business income after a loss at their premises until their business returns to normal, including:
- no dollar limit on loss of business income, extra expenses, or additional time due to bylaw compliance
- payroll expense
- contingent business interruption, in the event that your client’s supplier suffers a loss, resulting in their inability to provide services
- utilities service interruption
- product impairment in case your client's product is recalled
- restricted access
- negative publicity
- and more
Protection for accidents to compressors, heating systems, electrical panels, mechanical or electrical machines or apparatus including production machinery.
- ammonia contamination
- brands andlabels
- errors and omissions
- fluid escape
- hazardous substances
- computer equipment, data and media on and off premises, and at employee residence
- environmental upgrade
- expediting and extra expenses to keep your client’s business up and running
- stock spoilage
- loss of income including fines and penalties, internet service, utility service interruptions and restricted access
Coverage to protect your client in case of lawsuits for bodily or mental injury and property damage, personal and advertising injury liability, tenant’s property damage liability and voluntary medical payments.
- coverage territory is worldwide, provided actions are brought in Canada or the U.S.
- employers’ liability for Canadian resident employees
- fungi and spores
- pollution caused by products
- employee benefits errors and omissions (E&O) liability
- product recall expenses
- product rectification expenses (failure to manufacture to specifications)
- non-owned automobile third party liability
A broad range of coverages, including:
- employee dishonesty
- money, securities and other property
- counterfeit currency and money orders
- forgery, alteration, credit card and automated teller card
- electronic fraud and funds-transfer fraud
- incoming cheque forgery
Add even more protection*
- rigging and moving to cover accidental dropping or slipping of property
- privacy breach errors and omissions liability
- pollution 120-hr extension
- commercial auto coverage***
- umbrella coverage provides an extra layer of liability coverage in the event of a catastrophic loss
*availability limited to certain operations
**within your client’s property lines, areas under adjoining sidewalks and driveways, and in or on vehicles within 100 m
***commercial auto is offered on a separate policy
Focus on wholesaling
Looking for resources related to topics of interest within the Canadian wholesaling industry? Our product, risk management and claims experts have come together to offer their insights and knowledge on current trends, risks and prevention solutions that are easy to share with your clients, prospects and team. Below is a selection of infographics and articles highlighting what’s currently influencing the industry.
Looking for printed copies of the Wholesalers product brochure?
This is a free service that is available to all Aviva brokers.