Light Therapy Products and Full Spectrum Light Bulbs
What are full spectrum lights?
• They provide a clear, brilliant, white light equivalent to natural light.
• They simulate the exact color of sunlight at noon.
Why use full spectrum lights?
• Since people spend more time indoors there is a need for a source of beneficial light.
• Malilumination is caused by the lack of sunlight to the human body.
How do full spectrum lights help?
• Simulates the optical brilliance of sunlight.
• Generates clearer vision and higher perception.
• Less glare and less eye fatigue.
• Stimulates the pineal gland – producing the hormones serotonin and melatonin.
What are the health benefits of full spectrum lighting?
Benefits from exposure to full spectrum lighting may include:
• increased oxygen intake
• a reduced heart rate
• increased ability to absorb vitamin D & calcium
• improved muscle utilization
• less stress
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a condition brought on by the lack of beneficial sunlight, experienced during the winter months. Symptoms include depression, irritability and energy loss.
How does full spectrum lighting help with SAD or malilumination?
• Lessens sense of fatigue, giving you more energy.
• Gives your body the nutrients it is lacking.
• Stimulates the pineal gland so you feel more energized.
How long do the bulbs last?
10,000 hours - 10 to 13 times the life of a standard incandescent bulb.
Wattage of Bulb
> Visual brightness
|15 Watt ...
|20 Watt ...
|26 Watt ...
|55 Watt ...
Will I save on my energy bills?
Full spectrum lights consume 1/3-1/4 the energy of standard incandescent bulbs.